Retail Search Weekly News Recap
Leading, Reliable, and Updated News on Retail, Digital Marketing, Tech and Ecommerce
Search changes frequently. Google Shopping updated its algorithm 13 times in 2014, 3 times in October alone. Staying on top of search news and strategy is key for marketers who want to proactively manage Digital Marketing campaigns for the highest ROI. As a company with a thumb on the pulse of digital and search news, CPC Strategy puts together a weekly news recap to cover Retail Search news on Google, Amazon, Mobile, and other leading verticals in one convenient article.
This is a condensed version of major ecommerce news for the week. For a more comprehensive overview, consider following multiple Search News channels.
Digital Marketing News
After the latest Google Panda update, documents leaked from Google that gave us a little more clarity on how to stay in the search giant’s good graces.
The Moz team gives an analysis through their weekly Whiteboard Friday.
Related Digital Marketing News
- Search Engine Watch: What’s Next For Twitter Advertisers: Video, SEO, & Expanded Audience
- Inside AdWords: A Better Way To Reach Customers On The Google Display Network
The transition from brick-and-mortar to online shopping may have taken years to become common in every household, but the switch from desktop to mobile is going quickly. This Black Friday, shoppers around the country picked up their phones instead of heading to the store.
Related Mobile News
- TechCrunch: Six Drivers Of The $700B Mobile Internet
- Huffington Post: Mobile Gaming Is About To Overtake Consoles
Search trends are showing that 2015 will be the year mobile searches overtake search from desktop computers. With a phone in every pocket, it is vital for online retailers to adapt to perform well in mobile search to stay up with consumer preferences.
Related eCommerce News
- Distilled: Brandopolis: How The World’s Biggest Brands Make Their Mark Online
- Venture Beat: These 4 Tech IPOs Will Raise More Than $1B Next Week
- CPC: Amazon Local Services and Your Online Store
- TechCrunch: Amazon Has Launched A GrubHub Rival For Food Takeout & Delivery
Consumer expectations for a shopping experience have changed over time, and new cultural shifts toward instant gratification and personalization give retailers a new opportunity to innovate to capture potential customers.
Related Retail Search News
- Mashable: Australians Will Queue Up For Absolutely Anything, Even Sephora
- Fortune: Bebe Confirms Data Breach Hit U.S. Retail Stores
- Wired: How Facebook Aims to Beat Google by Tracking Your Offline Purchases
- Forbes: Is Zappos Leading Its Parent Amazon Into The Real World?