Retail Search Weekly Recap
Leading, Reliable, and Updated News on Retail, Digital Marketing, Tech and Ecommerce
Every week CPC Strategy rounds up the leading Retail Search news on Google, Amazon, Mobile, and other leading verticals in one convenient article. Below are the news stories in Ecommerce, Retail Search, Google, Amazon, and Mobile that you should be aware of.
Digital Marketing News
Search Engine Land: Google Penguin 3.0: Worldwide Rollout Still in Process, Impacting 1% of English Queries
Google has made another update to its notorious Penguin, which targets blog networks, web spam, and other practices that go against Googles search policies.
- Moz: How Big Was Penguin 3.0?
- WordStream: Can Ello Remain Ad Free? Here are 5 Ad Free Social Networks that Failed
TechCrunch: Amazon Fire Phone Flops
Amazons answer to the iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone was an expensive endeavor for Amazon, who follows a mantra of looking for 10 year results over immediate. That didnt appease investors when the Fire phone lost over $1 billion for the company.
- VentureBeat: Will the Check In Survive? Foursquares Controversial Relaunch by the Numbers.
- CNet: Apple Pay vs. Google Wallet vs. PayPal
Search Engine Watch: Disney Dominates Halloween Keyword Ad Spend
Entertainment empire Disney has turned to the Internet as a major revenue and advertising source. This year, the media conglomerate has taken the lead on advertising spend related to Halloween shopping.
- Retail Online Integration: 3 Steps to Successful Cart Reminder Messages
- Mashable: MasterCard Advertises Apple Pay Using Baseball Stars
CNBC: Massive Switch to New Credit Cards Ahead
Keep your eyes on your mailbox, new credit cards on the way. The United States banking system is upgrading to EMV credit cards, cards with small digital chips inside, as a measure to combat retail purchase fraud.
- Google Commerce: Halloweens Hottest Trends are Frozen
- Inside AdWords: The Impact of Digital on In-Store Shopping