Retail Search Recap 10/8/2014
Leading, Reliable, and Updated News on Retail, Digital Marketing, Tech and Ecommerce
NBC News: Retail Giant Tesco Overstated Its Profits by $408 Million
Britan’s largest grocery, employing over 500,000 people, overstated its first half 2014 profit by 23%, or $408 million. The company has brought on Deloitte as an independent auditor to review the company’s accounting practices.
- New York Daily News: Macy’s, JC Penny Among Retail Companies Teaming Up to Block Organized Crooks
- Fortune: Macy’s Aims to Become Retail Tech Powerhouse with Latest Moves
Forbes: Walmart Really Wants to Be Your Bank, Retailer Launches Mobile Checking Account
A partnership between Walmart and payment product provider GreenDot has led to GoBank, a mobile checking account aimed at the nation’s non-banking population with no minimum balance and no overdraft fees.
- Parade: Mobile Job Search: 5 Reasons to Adopt Mobile Tech
- Kansas City Business Journal: Sprint’s Prepaid Brand Will Offer iPhone 6
Digital Marketing News
AdWeek: Next-Gen Social Analytics Are Transforming Digital Marketing
Next generation analytics for social media, including real-time customer and marketing data, are allowing companies to market online like never before. 63% of marketers are planning on increasing resources used for digital marketing analytics in the next year.
- The Guardian: Six Things CEOs Want From Their Marketing Teams in the Digital Age
- Mashable: What The Music Industry Can Learn From Digital Marketing
Fox News: How Will Alibaba Measure Up to America’s Online Retail Giants?
With a record breaking IPO behind it, Alibaba is now in the spotlight of global investors and analysts, who are measuring the company’s performance against the likes of Amazon.com
- HuffPost Business: As eCommerce Grows Around the World, China Leads
- Reuters: Amazon Tests Smart Home Gadgets, Expands Hardware Lab