Retail Search Recap 9/17/2014
Leading, Reliable, and Updated News on Retail, Digital Marketing, Tech and Ecommerce
Target’s new CEO is shifting the retailer’s focus to specific in-store departments, such as baby products, children’s clothing and fashion to fight back against online retailers such as Amazon. Rather than compete with online retailers limitless product selection, Target aims to specialize the in store experience for these top categories.
- FeedVisor: Will Amazon Buy RadioShack?
- InternetRetailer: Direct Sales Account For 37% Of YTD Retail Growth
Apple is working with a network of partners to bring mobile payments, a technology that has existed for years, to the masses. Following the success of iTunes changing how we buy music, Apple is trying to revolutionize the way consumers pay at the register.
- MacRumors: Best Buy and Walmart Opt Out Of Apple Pay
- TechRadar: Android L: Release Data, News, And Features
Digital Marketing News
Last week, Bing announced it’s new campaign planner feature, which is designed to simplfy and enhance campaign refinements. The campaign planer can be used to research traffic trends, industry benchmarks and competitor performance as well as keyword suggestions.
- Economic Times: Wipro Partners with Adobe for Digital Marketing Services
- Mashable: Creating Funny Videos – A How-To for Brands
Alibaba’s blockbuster IPO is coming very soon, online rival Amazon may take a hit from the growing name recognition and growth of its Chinese based counterpart. With $21.8 billion in its initial offering, Alibaba’s IPO has a potential to impact several large US stocks.
- Motley Fool: Amazon.com Just Made a Major Improvement to Prime Video
- ABC News: Woman’s Bid to End Prescription Drug Sales on eBay