Retail Search Recap 9/3/2014
Leading, Reliable, and Updated News on Retail, Digital Marketing, Tech and Ecommerce
Below are the top stories in Google related news this week.
Since last fall, retailers have had the ability to advertise locally available products on Product Listing Ads. Initially, Google limited in-store item promotions to mobile devices. Google has unofficially announced this feature will be extended to desktop users to promote in-store items across all devices.
- The Moz Blog: The Importance Of Google Webmaster Tools For Link Discovery And Cleanup
- Search Engine Land: Google Blog Search Now Within Google News Search
Below are the top stories in mobile related news this week.
Last week, Facebook quietly rolled out an update to search for select mobile users. The new search feature enables mobile users to search for posts based on keywords.
- Word Stream: The State Of Mobile PPC
- Search Engine Land: Bing Quietly Rolls Out App Linking, Connect Search Results To App
Below are the top stories in retail related news this week.
Google has joined forces with Barnes & Noble to offer same-day delivery using Google Shopping Express. Same-day delivery is free for Google Shopping Express subscribers and costs $4.99 per delivery for non-subscribers.
Digital Marketing News:
Below are the top stories in digital marketing related news this week.
Last week, DoubleClick Search released three new reporting and optimization tools business using the DoubleClick Commerce Suite. The new tools are designed to help retailers with Google Shopping Campaigns which take effect on August 31st.
- Distilled: Pintrest: Not Just For Cats – There’s Real Money To Be Had
- Search Engine Watch: Bing Follows Google And Tests Close Variants In Exact Match