Today we bring you a talk from one of my absolute favorite speakers, Gary Vaynerchuk. He is THE MAN when it comes to social media and ecommerce talks and he never fails at plain ole keeping it real (14:09 – 15:07 is pure gold).
Being from 2008, this talk is a bit dated but the message is timeless and one that business owners should really take to heart. Stay tuned, this will not be the last of Gary on TTT. Key takeaways at the bottom.
Gary Vaynerchuk: Do What You Love
There is no reason your business shouldn’t be 100% transparent. As a business owner, if you truly love what you do then your business should be a complete representation of you. Transparency is great for a number of reasons, both internally and externally. Transparency yields employee happiness, culture, great marketing, and customer engagement.
Doing what you love requires patience and (of course) passion, and ultimately you want your personal brand to be synonymous with your business’s brand.
On a last and related note, the holiday shopping season is coming up. There’s going to be a lot of stressful and grueling crunch times but what’s important is that you remember to enjoy it! By investing the hard work and really your whole honest and unbridled self, you’re going to kill it. Simple as that.
In case you missed our previous TED Talk Tuesdays, check them out below:
- Seth Godin: This is Broken
- Adam Leipzig: How to Know Your Life Purpose in 5 Minutes
- Steve Jobs: How to Live Before You Die
- Mike Barwis: Find Your Catalyst
- Simon Sinek: How Great Leaders Inspire Action
- Ric Elias: 3 Things I Learned While My Plane Crashed
- Nilofer Merchant: Got a Meeting? Take a Walk
- Rory Sutherland: Life Lessons From An Ad Man
- Richard St. John: 8 Secrets of Success
- Matt Cutts: Try Something New For 30 Days
- Arianna Huffington: How to Succeed? Get More Sleep
- Dan Cobley: What Physics Taught Me About Marketing
- Sergey Brin: Why Google Glass?
- Jason Fried: Why Work Doesn’t Happen At Work
- Adam Garone: Healther Men, One Moustache At a Time
- Ed Gavagan: A Story About Knots and Surgeons
Want to check out more awesome TED talks? Stop by our Best TED Talks for Online Business Owners resource.