Your privacy is critically important to us.
At Tinuiti we have a few fundamental principles:
We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it and the only reasons would be to contact us to hear about our services, join our newsletter, download or sign up to receive content, offer our services, or join our team (we can’t stand services that ask you for things like your gender or income level for no apparent reason).
We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our services, or protect our rights.
We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services or as specified on our form.
EFFECTIVE MAY 16, 2019
Click on one of the hyperlinks to take you directly to that section of the notice.
Personal Data Collected
Use of your information
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information – Sharing and Disclosure
Storing your personal data/Transfer of Data
Third Party Links
Choices & Individual Rights
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Personal Data Collected
Information collected on the website
Tinuiti Inc. (“Tinuiti”) operates Tinuiti.com and CPC Strategy.com. It is Tinuiti’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
Tinuiti is a data controller for data collected on this website.
While using our website, we ask you to provide us with certain personal data that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personal Data includes, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Job title, profession
- Company name and URL
Information Received from Clients
Tinuiti receives data from its clients and processes this data per contract in place with our clients. Tinuiti does not have a direct relationship with these individuals.
Like most website operators, Tinuiti collects information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Tinuiti’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Tinuiti’s visitors use its website.
Tinuiti also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on blogs if available. Tinuiti only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
Tinuiti collects statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. For instance, Tinuiti monitors the most popular blog posts or pages on the site. Tinuiti may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Tinuiti does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Use of your information – Grounds for Using Your Personal Data
As mentioned, the information that Tinuiti collects and stores relating to you is used to communicate to you and to provide our services to you. In addition, Tinuiti relies on the following lawful grounds to collect and process any personal data you may have provided:
- Legitimate Business Interests: To notify you about any changes or improvements to Tinuiti services that may affect our service. If you are an existing customer, Tinuiti
- Performance of Contract: To meet Tinuiti’s contractual commitments to our clients and in performance of contractual obligations to our clients.
- User Consent: If you are a user of a Tinuiti website and have supplied your email address and provided consent, Tinuiti may occasionally send you email to tell you about industry news and information, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date with what’s going on with Tinuiti and our services. We primarily use our email newsletter or email you updates on our blog to communicate this type of information.
Tinuiti takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
Tinuiti may use your data so that you can be provided with information about related goods and services which we believe may be of interest to you. Tinuiti may contact you about these goods and services by any of the methods that you consented to at the time your information was collected.
If you are a new customer, Tinuiti will only contact you when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided consent for.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information – Sharing and Disclosure
Tinuiti does not share your personal information with others except as indicated within this policy or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared.
Please note at this time, we do not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “do not track” instructions.
Google AdWords/Analytics: Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page at http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Facebook: You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950
To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
To see more about Facebook’s participation in the Digital Advertising Alliance please visit the Choices section of this notice.
For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
We may participate in Facebook.com’s Custom Audience or LinkedIn’s Audience program which enables us to display personalized ads to persons on our email list when they visit Facebook or LinkedIn respectively. We provide Personal Information such as your email address and phone number to the social media provider to enable it to determine if you are a registered account holder. You may opt-out of participation in this program by contacting us as noted below. You may also opt out of receiving these ads from the social media network directly.
Third Party service providers, employees, agents or contractors
Tinuiti discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Tinuiti’s behalf or to provide services available at Tinuiti’s websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Tinuiti’s websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Tinuiti will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone with advance notice. We do share information as described above with our website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
Third-party Disclosure for Joint Marketing Events & Digital Assets
For users in the United States, we sometimes participate in joint marketing events with third parties. On the registration page, it is clear who the other joint marketing party is. If you opt-into a joint marketing event or digital asset in the United States, we may provide your registration information to these third parties & partners for use in marketing and in designing or providing their own services, to send you information about its products and to notify you if you win a contest. You may opt out of us providing such information by opting out of our email newsletter and/or not registering for joint marketing events. You should contact the other third party directly who may already be sending you messages in order to request that these communications stop, and to review their privacy policies.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
To Comply with legal process or to protect Tinuiti
Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Tinuiti discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Tinuiti believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Tinuiti, third parties or the public at large.
If Tinuiti, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Tinuiti goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Tinuiti may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Storing your personal data/Transfer of Data
Tinuiti operates its site in the United States. If you are located in another jurisdiction, please know that your information will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States. By using this site and providing Tinuiti with information, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States. It is important to note that the privacy laws in the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in other countries such as the European Union. Tinuiti service providers use appropriate safeguards to transfer your personal data to the United States.
- Data that is provided to Tinuiti is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into via the Tinuiti site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
- The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore Tinuiti cannot guarantee the security of data sent to Tinuiti electronically and the transmission of such data is entirely at your own risk. Where Tinuiti has given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain areas of the Tinuiti site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Third party links
Tinuiti may have links on the Tinuiti site to other sites that Tinuiti does not operate. If you click on a third-party link, you will be taken directly to that site which is governed by its own privacy notice. Tinuiti strongly encourages you to read that privacy notice. Tinuiti does not control that site and assume no responsibility for the content, policies or its practices.
Choices and Individual Rights
Tinuiti aims to take reasonable steps, so you can correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data. If you are a customer of one of our clients that works with Tinuiti and would no longer like to be contacted by them, please send your request to the client that you interact with directly. If our client requests Tinuiti to remove or amend that data, we will respond to that request within 30 days.
Tinuiti outlines your choices below:
- Email. As described above, if you do not wish to receive promotional emails from Tinuiti or for us to share your information with a joint partner in co-branded marketing events, you may opt out at any time. If you opt out of a promotional email, Tinuiti may still send you transactional and administrative emails about this privacy notice or about the products or services you have purchased.
- Cookies. Your browser’s help function should contain instructions on how to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time.
- Advertising. You can opt out of online targeted advertising by opting out within the advertisement itself or by visiting Digital Advertising Alliance, http://www.aboutads.info/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/. You can also opt out of the Digital Advertising Alliance using your mobile device settings.
- Your rights under certain circumstances. To initiate any of these actions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you.
- To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate
- To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you
- You have the right to data portability for the information you have provided to us. You can request to obtain a copy of this information in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it. We will need to verify your identity before being able to respond to such requests.
- Please note that in some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint. For European Union residents, if you feel that Tinuiti’s processing of your personal data infringes on data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state where you habitually reside, your place of work or the location of the alleged infringement. If you are located outside of the European Union, you may have rights under privacy laws in the jurisdiction where you live.
Tinuiti uses reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, Tinuiti cannot guarantee the security of your information.
Tinuiti requests that you do not send us any sensitive data such as social security or national identification numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, health data, biometrics or genetic, criminal background or trade union membership information. If you do send Tinuiti this information, then you are consenting to its processing in accordance with this privacy notice. To avoid processing of sensitive data, do not submit it.
Our policy on children’s information
The Tinuiti site is not directed to children under 16. If you learn that your minor child has provided Tinuiti with personal information without your consent, please contact Tinuiti.
Tinuiti welcomes any queries, comments or requests you may have regarding this policy please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Tinuiti is the Data Controller for information collected on this website and can be reached at:
Attn: Marketing Dept
142 W 36th St, Fl 11
New York, NY 10018
Information that is provided to Tinuiti from its clients is controlled by them.