There are countless brands that miss out on reaching new customers on Amazon because of a lack of high-quality branding and visibility.
Amazon branding is crucial for building your brand equity, building a connection with shoppers, and establishing trust.
The good news is that there are more tools than ever at your disposal to build your branding on Amazon.
Here are six ways to power up your Amazon branding that will become even more important with rising competition in the year ahead.
“Increased volume of direct brands has led to increased audience overlap and competition. This calls for a renewed focus on leveraging creative as a strategic differentiator. Brands need to design with conversions in mind if they want to stand out from millions of creative agencies and competitors.”
-Jon Gregoire, Director of Demand Generation at Tinuiti
1. Transfer Your Brand Equity to Amazon
Most brands already have some sort of brand equity established outside of Amazon. But how do you bring that equity over to your Amazon store?
Luckily, Amazon understands the needs of its sellers and offers several tools to make the transition easier.
These creative tools on Amazon include:
- Brand stores: Dedicated brand stores give your consumers a single storefront they can shop for your products from.
- Enhanced content: Amazon doesn’t just allow content, they encourage it. Instead of simple product features, they allow brands to tell their brand story, create FAQs, and upload images and videos.
- Detail page images: Amazon gives sellers maximum control over their page images. You can upload multiple images of a single product or even insert video.
2: Take Advantage of Your Amazon Store Page
Your Amazon Store is where much of many brands have an opportunity to introduce additional products to shoppers. To take advantage of it, make sure it’s tailored to your customers and that you are driving traffic to it.
This can come in several forms, but one of the most effective ways is through landing pages. By identifying different incoming streams of traffic, brands can create customized landing pages made specifically for each traffic stream.
When identifying traffic streams, there are three main areas they come from:
- Internal traffic: Through the use of Sponsored Brand Ads, you can direct traffic from within Amazon to your store.
- External traffic: Consumers can find your store via search engines or through paid social media ads.
- Brand link: Customers who click on your brand link are extremely valuable since this typically shows a strong interest in your company.
3. Your Content Should Reflect Your Audience’s Needs
In order to perform effective Amazon branding, it’s important to understand your target audience.
Understanding their wants and pain points can help direct everything from your messaging to product design.
There are a few key ways you can do this:
- Understand what features your target audience is looking for
- Analyze Amazon customer reviews to understand what trigger words customers are searching for
- Pull your advertising search term report to understand what words consumers are searching when they purchase your products.
4: Develop Your Messaging Mix
There are two main types of messaging—product messaging and brand messaging. While they often overlap, they are both distinct from each other and should be treated as such.
Product messaging is ultimately more focused on the product itself. It describes the complexities of the product while communicating the main reasons consumers should buy it. Often, this messaging comes in the form of product-related FAQs.
Brand messaging, on the other hand, tells your overall brand story. It communicates the key elements of your brand to let customers know what you value and develops your brand aesthetic and tone. Your brand messaging is vital to building brand equity both on and off of Amazon.
5: Create Comprehensive Product Detail Pages
While you’re aware of the different moving parts behind your brand and product, for the consumer there is only one single reality. This means that all of the elements on your detail page should work together to create one cohesive message.
Everything from your content to imagery should be leveraged to create a unified experience. By pairing attractive content and imagery, you’ll be able to more effectively communicate why consumers should buy your product.
6: Optimize Your Detail Page Images & Copy
By supporting main images with auxiliary images showcasing additional features, you can create a more positive customer experience.
The best way to figure out what images to use is by taking a look at the top-ranking listings for search terms that are related to your product.
By researching the competition, you can get an idea of what works and what doesn’t. From here, you can reinforce your brand messaging by adding branded graphics or text where appropriate.
Amazon On-Page Content
Amazon On-Page Content consists of the optimization of three things:
- A product’s title: This is what will capture your consumer’s eye and draw them in.
- Bullet points: Consumers don’t want to read through paragraphs. Bulletproofs keep things short, sweet, and readable.
- Product description: With so many products on Amazon, a competitive product description is vital.
This form of optimization is meant to ensure two things:
- Discoverability: This makes your products more easily discoverable on Amazon’s search algorithm.
- Buyability: This ensures your content speaks to your product features to the highest standard of your brand.
Want to learn more?
The 2019 Amazon Consumer Shopping Study