Americans are expected to spend $72.4 billion shopping online for the holidays this year. Savvy businesses are looking for different ways to optimize their online sales.
This infographic from ShortStack highlights a number of tips they can consider. Here are some holiday ecommerce statistics to keep in mind:
- 59% of consumers would be more likely to purchase from a social networking site if they received an exclusive discount.
- 56% would be more likely to purchase on a social networking site if they received a daily deal
- 30% of customers have made a purchase based on engagement with a social networking site
- The average consumers will complete 44% of their holiday shopping online.
- 40% will search online for the best deals
- 69% will use their smartphones for holiday shopping
- 33% are more likely to use their smartphone for information than speaking with a store employee
A growing number of consumers are using the Internet for holiday shopping, particularly in receiving the best deals.
Online Shoppers are also highly influenced by social media content and conduct a lot of research on their mobile devices. Is your online store able to provide the most price competitive products to shoppers who are shopping online across devices?