With football season about to start, we bring you an inspiring talk from Mike Barwis, former strength & conditioning coach for the University of Michigan football team. Few TED talks can be considered tearjerkers, but this is certainly one of them. Key takeaways at the bottom.
One of life’s great hacks is changing your context. Few people ever do it because change and the unknown are not considered good things. But the takeaway here is that you’ll never know what you’re fully capable of until you subject yourself to new challenges.
No matter the context (business, family, hobbies, etc.), real growth can happen if you change the context, subject yourself to new constraints, and adapt to a new playing field.
Life’s busy, but every challenge is an opportunity in disguise.
In case you missed our previous TED Talk Tuesdays, check them out below:
- Seth Godin: This is Broken
- Adam Leipzig: How to Know Your Life Purpose in 5 Minutes
- Steve Jobs: How to Live Before You Die
- Gary Vaynerchuk: Do What You Love (No Excuses)
- Simon Sinek: How Great Leaders Inspire Action
- Ric Elias: 3 Things I Learned While My Plane Crashed
- Nilofer Merchant: Got a Meeting? Take a Walk
- Rory Sutherland: Life Lessons From An Ad Man
- Richard St. John: 8 Secrets of Success
- Matt Cutts: Try Something New For 30 Days
- Arianna Huffington: How to Succeed? Get More Sleep
- Dan Cobley: What Physics Taught Me About Marketing
- Sergey Brin: Why Google Glass?
- Jason Fried: Why Work Doesn’t Happen At Work
- Adam Garone: Healther Men, One Moustache At a Time
- Ed Gavagan: A Story About Knots and Surgeons
Want to check out more awesome TED talks? Stop by our Best TED Talks for Online Business Owners resource.