Retail Search Recap 10/1/2014
Leading, Reliable, and Updated News on Retail, Digital Marketing, Tech and Ecommerce
Online retailer eBay is preparing to launch a new mobile ad network to target the site’s 4.6 million daily visitors. The ads will show on the eBay mobile app and mobile website and will allow improved customer targeting using eBay’s extensive information database about user buying habits.
- Business Insider: Facebook is Working on Another Mobile App That Nobody Will Use Called ‘Moments’
- TechCrunch: Apple Sells 10 Million iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Devices During Launch
Apple’s newly announced Apple Pay mobile isn’t just about payments at brick and mortar stores. It is about building a payments ecosystem that reaches into retail, app, and online spending.
- Huffington Post: Shopping Online May Actually Be Safer Than Shopping in Person
- VentureBeat: Rocket Internet Consolidates 5 of Its Retailers Into a $3.5 billion e-commerce Giant
Digital Marketing News
Baby boomers are a diverse group with varying levels on online engagement. Segmenting and targeting your strategy will help you succeed with this important demographic.
- Globe and Mail: Building Your Brand in the Era of Digital Marketing
- Forbes: Why Marketers Need Jazz, Not Symphonies, in the Digital Era
While Apple’s new, high end iPhone models are going on sale, Google has revealed a new Android handset. The Android One, which will bring low cost smartphones to international markets will initially go on sale in India this week. Google plans to roll out the phone in several other countries before the end of the year.
- C|Net: Google Hires Former Qualcomm Exec to Speed up Fiber
- BBC News: Google Buys Firm Behind Spoon for Parkinson’s Patients