Retail Search Recap 8/13/2014
Leading, Reliable, and Updated News on Retail, Digital Marketing, Tech and Ecommerce
Below are the top stories in Google related news this week.
Last week, Google updated its Merchant Center to include a shipping configuration tool. Google’s latest addition enables retailers to more accurately represent costs during the Google Shopping experience and reduce cart abandonment from inaccurate shipping costs.
- Internet Retailer: Gmail Makes The Unsubscribe Link More Visible
- Search Engine Watch: Google Launches Publisher Center To Improve News Discovery
Below are the top stories in Amazon related news this week.
Starting this August, Amazon launched same-day delivery for customers in Baltimore, Dallas, Indianapolis, New York City, Philadelphia, and Washington DC. Amazon’s same-day deliver will cost Amazon Prime members $5.99 per item and non-Prime members a $9.98 fee plus $0.99 per additional item.
- Wall Street Journal: Amazon Invests 2 Billion Into India’s Ecommerce Market
- FeedVisor: Amazon Serious About Delivery Drones
Below are the top stories in retail related news this week.
Wal-Mart Stores, the worlds largest retailer, has updated their website to be mobile friendly to compete with online rivals such as Amazon. Wal-Mart’s update also includes shopper personalization based on search history, previous orders and local store selection.
Below are the top stories in mobile related news this week.
Last week Square announced it’s acquisition of Caviar, a food delivery service for high end restaurants. Caviar was purchased for $90 million and boasts a fleet of hundreds of food messengers who work as independent contractors.
- Search Engine Land: Mobile Search Spend In UK and Australia Outpaces US
- Internet Retailer: Google Acquires Two Mobile Start Ups