Facebook Dynamic Product Ads: 3 New Features
Soon Facebook Dynamic Product Ads will offer ecommerce advertisers more flexibility and functionality to drive sales across all devices.
In the coming months, Facebook plans to release 3 additional features to help retailers promote their products.
Last year during the holiday season, it was reported 56% of in-store sales were influenced by mobile.
In response to the need for retailers to display and promote their products across all devices, Facebook is set to roll out several new features for dynamic product ads, including:
- Cross-Selling Functionality
- Conversion Optimization
- Connect Shoppers Beyond Facebook
Facebook Dynamic Product Ads: Cross-Sell Functionality
According to the announcement on Tuesday, “Advertisers have always been able to use dynamic product ads to show related products to people who have viewed an item or added it to their cart, and soon advertisers will be able to use dynamic product ads to show related products to people who have purchased an item too.”
For example, if a shopper purchases a skateboard on your website, retailers will be able to feature complimentary items to that same customers – such as helmets, knee pads or wheels.
Retailers will also have more flexibility to define their product categories.
For example if someone buys a pair of designer jeans using their mobile app, retailers can target additional complementary products from that same designer category – plus additional items such as designer shoes, designer handbags or designer purses.
Optimize Facebook Dynamic Product Ads for Conversions
Specifically through the holiday season – Facebook advertisers are pushing for high conversion rates. With the latest features, retailers can connect with people who are likely to purchase – not just click – on their ad.
Optimizing for conversions helps advertisers spend more efficiently, since they’re only showing their ad to people likely to purchase.
Conversion optimization for dynamic product ads delivered more efficient spend than CPC. Advertisers who optimize dynamic product ads for conversions can expect to see fewer but higher-value impressions.
“Cross-Selling Functionality & Conversion Optimization are going to be great additions to the dynamic products ad format. This will surely give retailers the tools to reach the right people, at the right time, with the right message. I’m looking forward to all of these updates and the effects they will have on our campaigns,” Stephen Kerner, Retail Search Manager at CPC Strategy said.
Connect With Shoppers Beyond Facebook
Soon advertisers will be able to connect with shoppers off of Facebook through two new high-performance Ad Formats available in the Audience Network.
The Audience Network (launched last year) has provided publishers and developers with engaging, high performing ad units.
According to the announcement, “We have a deep understanding of what formats perform well and drive engagement in Facebook News Feed and are taking two of our best performing units and making them available off Facebook to further empower Audience Network publishers and help drive results for advertisers.”
Two units available off Facebook will include:
“Native ads represent over 80% of impressions in the Audience Network. Starting today, by upgrading to the latest SDK for iOS and Android and utilizing the new MediaView, publishers can now bring the autoplay video ads experience from Facebook directly to their apps. Video demand will also compete with native display in the same auction to maximize yield for each impression served.”
Unique Formats for Interstitials
Facebook is also bringing demand from high performing Facebook formats to publishers through server-side changes.
Publishers who already use Audience Network full screen interstitials will be eligible to deliver the following formats without any changes to their existing placements including:
- Dynamic Product Ads: This solution enables advertisers to create relevant and timely ads based on the products people have visited in their website or app.
- Click-to-Play Video: Full screen interstitials also deliver click-to-play video ads while providing people with complete control over their experience.
- Carousel Ads: The carousel format gives advertisers more creative real estate in full screen interstitials to showcase compelling imagery for their mobile app. They can showcase up to five images within a single ad unit.
Facebook Product Ad Resources:
- Facebook Product Ads: What the New Program Means for Retailers
- Facebook Dynamic Product Ads Live in Power Editor
- Facebook Friend-To-Friend Payments Paves the Way for Ecommerce Platform
- Facebook on the Forefront of Retail Advertising with TheFind Buyout
- Q&A with Brian Carter Bestselling Author of ‘Facebook Marketing’
- 5 Retail Experts Weigh in on Facebook Product Ads
- How to Get a Higher ROI on Facebook Ads Using AdEspresso
- Will Retargeting Platform AdRoll Brave the Launch of Facebook Product Ads?
- How to Install Facebook Conversion Pixel & Track Your Ads Across Devices
- Facebook Product Ads: A Retailer’s Guide to Facebook Advertising
- Facebook Shopping Feed: New Testing For Retailers