It’s challenging to build brand loyalty on a platform like Amazon, which highlights the price and speed of delivery above all else. Shoppers who focus on one particular item might not know that your brand has a deep product lineup, and will miss the opportunity to browse your catalog and make a follow-up or related purchase.
That’s why Amazon is testing out Amazon Posts, a new product browsing and discovery experience that’s currently in public beta.
Introducing Amazon Posts
Amazon Posts is a new way to browse and discover products on the Amazon platform. Its function is similar to that of a social media feed. Each brand is allowed to publish a stream of posts (image-only for now) that are curated and controlled by the brand itself.
Why should I sign up for Amazon Posts?
Amazon Posts will allow brands to duplicate what they’re doing on social media channels like Instagram within the Amazon marketplace. It will help your brand stand out from competitors and draw the attention of shoppers.
In a way, it’s even better than traditional social media because you’ll be able to share branded, product-focused content on a platform specifically built for commerce–as opposed to other platforms where overt selling is frowned upon.
Best of all? Amazon Posts is currently free to join. We don’t know whether that will change in the future, so it’s best to get on it now, while you have the chance!
What happens when I publish on Amazon posts?
For now, a branded post will be published to one or more of the following fields:
- Brand-Owned details page
- Related Brand details page
- Related Post feed
- Category feed
Your brand will not be able to choose which feed your posts will be published on. Amazon will decide that for you, although the category tags you use will help influence its final destination.
All of these posts are instantly shoppable. That means users can go straight to the item’s details page to learn more and add it to their online shopping cart.
As you leverage Amazon Posts, you will receive metrics that can help you track engagement for the products in your feed, including clicks, views and shares. You can use these metrics to assess which items are the most popular and whether this popularity is translating into actual sales.
How do I sign up for Amazon Posts?
The Amazon Posts beta is currently limited to brands that own a Store on the US Amazon.com site. The beta is not open to international brands as of this writing.
If you qualify based on the above criteria, then you can sign up for Amazon Posts by performing the following steps:
- Visit posts.amazon.com
- Sign in using your existing Amazon advertising credentials
- Create your profile
- Verify your brand name
- Upload your brand’s logo
Once those steps are complete, you will be able to publish posts by uploading photos, captioning them and tagging related products.
How can I make the most of Amazon Posts?
Amazon Posts is still in its early stages, so there isn’t much information around it as of yet. But you can get ahead of the competition if you follow these easy tips.
1. Amazon Posts functions basically the same way as a social media feed does. Keep posting high-quality content. Content is still king, no matter the format. Post high-quality images and keep your message consistent with the brand.
2. Post a lot and often. There are currently no limits to how much you can post, so fill the Related Products and Product Categories field with as much of your content as possible, before everyone else crowds in.
3. Metrics matter. Take full advantage of the metrics that Amazon Posts offers you. Use it to find out whether or not the popular and most engaging products in your feed are actually converting, and what you can do to increase interest.