This is a guest post by Eric Morgan. Eric is the President of Adaptivity Pro and has been working in ecommerce since 2004.
Why You Should Embrace Social Media Marketing
Social media is revolutionizing the business industry, changing traditional day-to-day marketing and advertising. Businesses of all sizes can embrace this popular movement, which is proving to have intense staying power.
People of all ages are on social media sites.
Companies need to specifically target market audiences to make the most of tweets, posts and other social media efforts.
Who is on Social Media?
- 42% of online adults use multiple social networking sites
- 71% of online adults are now Facebook users, a little more than the 67% of online adults who used Facebook during 2012.
- Surprisingly, the fastest growing demographic on Twitter is people from 55 to 64 years old. In fact, this demographic has seen an astounding surge of 79% within two years.
- Within the last two year, users on Twitter from 55-64 have grown 79%
- Facebook and Google+ are seeing an intense following by people between 45 to 54 years old, with this demographic increasing 46% for Facebook and 56% for Google+.
These demographic statistics show that social media websites are not just popular among teenagers and 20-something age groups. With more baby boomers joining social media sites, it’s important that companies create an all-around branding and marketing technique that reaches a wide audience base.
Social Media: What Should You Do?
- Studies also show that almost 93-percent of marketing departments use social media channels for business.
With more companies joining the social media bandwagon, this popular form of advertising allows companies to stay directly connected with customers and clients, provide them with information and keep their business names on the forefront of social media users’ minds.
Keeping social media sites up-to-date is important, as it helps generate interest, while simultaneously showing the public that businesses are professional. Keeping sites fresh means asking questions to capture audiences’ attentions and displaying knowledge, which helps to build credibility. Companies’ social media sites benefit from visual graphic posts, calls to auction, industry news discussions and product releases.
- Nearly 189 million people use Facebook on mobile-only platforms.
With Smartphones becoming more popular, it’s important that companies consider adopting mobile-friendly websites to accommodate Facebook social media links and advertising.
- More adults between 18 to 34 years old watch YouTube than cable television.
Companies that have product demonstrations or video advertisements should consider exploring this advertising option. While a single YouTube advertisement may not reach millions, continual advertising efforts can increase the number of views, ultimately resulting in more revenues.