Ranking well on a search engine like Google isn’t easy.
But it is crucial, because:
- 93% of online experiences start with a search engine (Search Engine Journal)
- 75% of customers never scroll past the first page of search results. (Hubspot)
- 33% of clicks go to the first result on Google (Search Engine Watch)
The longer your website fails to rank, the more revenue and potential customers you’re missing out on. And it’s gotten more complicated now that the majority of people are searching on mobile over desktop.
Even the best ecommerce sites need to be monitored to keep them performing at their best, and you’ll need insights on what’s working and what isn’t.
With the right SEO tool, you can spend less time uncovering data and more time actually fixing your site.
What to Know Before Investing in an SEO Tool
Before you start researching SEO tools for your site, you should figure out exactly what you need.
Some SEO software can provide you with massive quantities of data about your site, and others simply function as keyword research tools.
Also, keep in mind SEO for an ecommerce store is going to be different than it is for other types of businesses.
You can learn more about SEO for ecommerce in this guide:
At CPC Strategy, we work with top-notch agencies like Grow Team to ensure our clients are covered for assessments or large projects–but a tool will help you stay on top of your daily SEO performance.
The Best SEO Tools for Ecommerce
Once you have an idea of what you’d like to track on your site and your business goals, take a look at this list of tools.
If you know anything about SEO, you’ve heard of Rand Fishkin, the founder of MOZ. Moz started out as an SEO consulting company, but has grown significantly and now offers SEO tools (in addition to a killer blog). Moz Pro is an all-in-one SEO tool that provides unique data, helps the user streamline their workflow, and offers actionable insights based on that data. We use MOZ regularly at CPC Strategy to uncover new keyword opportunities.
Pricing: 4 Monthly plans offered at $99, $149, $249, $599
Raven allows you to have all of your Internet marketing in one software app where you can manage and generate reports. Raven is unique in that it provides comprehensive reporting and 30+ online tools to help users efficiently manage all of their internet marketing, including SEO.
Pricing: $99/month for “Pro” plan, $249/ month for “Agency” plan
It’s no secret that we like SEMrush–we’ve partnered with them on several webinars and even a guide about competing with Amazon on AdWords. SEMrush is another well-respected name in the SEO space, with an amazing all-in-one marketing toolkit that does much more than just SEO. Its loaded with features for social media, paid ads, content, and PR. Heavyweights like eBay Amazon, Disney, and HP rely on SEMrush to get the job started.
Pricing: 3 Monthly plans offered at $99, $199, $399
Ahrefs is a super powerful SEO tool that can be customized to fit your needs. The software offers tools users need to research competitors, improve search traffic, and also monitor their niche. Bulk upload a list of keywords to find out how competitive they are and figure out where your content gaps are in comparison to competitors. The “Content” tab also makes it easy to keep on top of trending topics in your industry.
Pricing: 4 Monthly plans offered at $99, $179, $399, $999
Tips and Tricks for Excelling at SEO
There are many excellent blogs and sites out there detailing various strategies for SEO (we mentioned MOZ, but every single one of those tools has an accompanying blog).
With all of that information swirling around on the web it can be difficult to make sense of it all, so below find my short list of tips and tricks to look out for as you continue your SEO journey.
- Be thorough about your keyword research. The SEO tools listed above can be a great help in determining which keywords you should be using, and which ones are being used by your competitors. This information can be really helpful when it comes to improving your rank on Google Searches.
- Think outside the box. Whether it’s your choice of keywords, web design, or SEO planning it’s important to make sure that you are not just copying what your competitors do. SEO tools are very helpful in determining what is unique about your business and that should be considered as you make decisions regarding SEO.
- Find content gaps and fill them. Again, having an SEO tool can really help determine where gaps are in your SEO, web design, and keywords, but it can also tell you what topics are trending. By creating content surrounding this trend you can add valuable content to your site that hopefully will increase your ranking.
- Check in often to monitor your site’s progress. By making needed changes faster you can increase performance, make progress on optimization faster, and increase your rank in Google.
It is impossible to fit everything you need to know about SEO and SEO tools into one article, but hopefully, this gave you some great ideas on how to get started.