You know that guy you see on Search Engine Watch that’s always talking with his hands? That’s Matt Cutts, and he’s a pretty smart guy and a very well-known figure in the SEM space. It turns out that when he’s not releasing a new Google update as their Distinguished Engineer, he’s also offering some pretty great lifehacks.
Key takeaway at the bottom.
Matt Cutts: Try Something New For 30 Days
It’s refreshing to hear Matt talk about something other than SEO best practices or Google’s policy on X, Y, and Z.
The bottom line here is that small, almost subtle changes are far more sustainable in one’s life than drastic lifestyle shifts. And it turns out that those small challenges can actually be pretty fun.
Oh and if you needed documentation that Matt Cutt’s does indeed talk very eloquently with his hands, see below:
In case you missed our previous TED Talk Tuesdays, check them out below:
- Seth Godin: This is Broken
- Adam Leipzig: How to Know Your Life Purpose in 5 Minutes
- Steve Jobs: How to Live Before You die
- Mike Barwis: Find Your Catalyst
- Gary Vaynerchuk: Do What You Love (No Excuses)
- Simon Sinek: How Great Leaders Inspire Action
- Ric Elias: 3 Things I Learned While My Plane Crashed
- Nilofer Merchant: Got a Meeting? Take a Walk
- Rory Sutherland: Life Lessons From An Ad Man
- Richard St. John: 8 Secrets of Success
- Arianna Huffington: How to Succeed? Get More Sleep
- Dan Cobley: What Physics Taught Me About Marketing
- Sergey Brin: Why Google Glass?
- Jason Fried: Why Work Doesn’t Happen At Work
- Adam Garone: Healther Men, One Moustache At a Time
- Ed Gavagan: A Story About Knots and Surgeons
Want to check out more awesome TED talks? Stop by our Best TED Talks for Online Business Owners resource.