TED Talk Tuesdays are now a real thing at CPC Strategy. We’ll be delivering a weekly dose of inspiration regarding business strategy, marketing, and just cool life-hacks that will make you a more efficient business owner or employee. Today we bring you a humorous and classic talk from marketing expert, Seth Godin. Key takeaways below.
This TED talk is all about accountability. Take a step back and really try to view your business objectively. Is something broken?
- Examine your website. Walk through the purchase process that customers experience. Is it the best it can be?
- Assess if you’re making everything as EASY as possible for your shoppers, partners, and even your employees.
- Most importantly,identify the problem and OWN the solution.
- Ask yourself, “Am I being as valuable to my organization as I could be?“
A lack of accountability makes your executives look careless and sometimes just plain foolish. Considering that’s exactly how you DON’T want to look to prospective customers, really take Seth’s words to heart. Easy mistakes like these can and will affect your bottom line.
Check out the rest of our TED Talk Tuesdays here (coming every week!):
- Adam Leipzig: How to Know Your Life Purpose in 5 Minutes
- Steve Jobs: How to Live Before You Die
- Mike Barwis: Find Your Catalyst
- Gary Vaynerchuk: Do What You Love (No Excuses)
- Simon Sinek: How Great Leaders Inspire Action
- Ric Elias: 3 Things I learned While My Plane Crashed
- Nilofer Merchant: Got a Meeting? Take a Walk
- Rory Sutherland: Life Lessons From An Ad Man
- Richard St. John: 8 Secrets of Success
- Matt Cutts: Try Something New For 30 Days
- Arianna Huffington: How to Succeed? Get More Sleep
- Dan Cobley: What Physics Taught Me About Marketing
- Sergey Brin: Why Google Glass?
- Jason Fried: Why Work Doesn’t Happen At Work
- Adam Garone: Healther Men, One Moustache At a Time
- Ed Gavagan: A Story About Knots and Surgeons
Want to check out more TED talks? Stop by our Best TED Talks for Online Business Owners resource.