Update: Head here for the latest on mobile–Google’s Mobile AMPs.
Mobile technology has drastically transformed the global e-commerce landscape. A new infographic from Rackspace highlights the importance of leveraging mobile ecommerce to boost sales in 2014:
Mobile Ecommerce Statistics
- 10% of all ecommerce sales are generated on mobile devices
- Mobile ecommerce sales will total $109 billion by 2017
- The portion of advertising conducted on mobile platforms has nearly tripled over the past two years
- 11% of all advertisements will be directed towards mobile devices by 2016
- 80% of shoppers used a mobile phone inside a physical store in 2012
Over two-thirds of Americans currently own a smartphone, which illustrates the importance of advertising on mobile devices. Mobile ecommerce will become even more important as the prevalence increases.